If you have ever had any doubts about the conventional 9 to 5 workday, this is the book for you.
4 Hour Workweek has inspired thousands of people to have financially successful and productive lives on their own terms.
Tim Ferriss is not selling a get rich quick scheme. He describes a lifestyle that is possible if you put in the necessary effort.
I think that all college students, recent graduates of college or people in the workforce that don’t have any dependents should think critically about how they want their life to be designed and this book is a great starting place.
Here are my highlights from the book, you can assume that everything is a quote.
How to become a member of the “New Rich”
D for definition, new rules and objectives of the new game.
E for Elimination
A for Automation
L for liberation
People don’t want to be millionaires, they want to experience what they think only millions can buy
New Rich Identification
- To do the least work for the maximum effect
- To do all the things you want to do and be all the things you want to be
- To make a ton of money for specific reasons and defined dreams to chase
- To think big and ensure that payday comes everyday
Important New Rich Principles
- Less is not laziness
- Do less meaningless work to focus on things of personal importance
- Measure the results of your actions, their contribution in time
- Relative income is more important than absolute income
- Embrace eustress- type of stress that is healthful and stimulus for growth pushes boundaries makes you think differently
“What you do is infinitely more important than how you do it”
Offer solutions, stop asking for opinions
Ignorance may be bliss, but is also practical, be selectively ignorant